Juristconsult is one of the pioneer firms in Mauritius having developed expertise in Global Business (formerly known as Offshore Business) and its members have over the years acquired an extensive expertise in business law on a local and international basis.
Juristconsult prides itself of high quality and efficient corporate services ranging from global business investment structuring up to winding up.
Mauritius has developed a vibrant financial services business activity and is recognized as a dynamic and rigorous financial centre compliant with the highest level of international business standards. Ideally located at the cross-roads of Europe, Africa, Australia and Asia, Mauritius offers a convenient platform for holding and structuring investments in many of the world’s growing economy. Global business incentives have strengthened Mauritius’ position as a leading financial centre.
12 Reasons to Use Mauritius as a Springboard for Investment
- Featuring at the top of investment indices for governance and ease of doing business in Africa
- Rule of law, democracy and political stability
- Low corporate tax and attractive fiscal policies
- Network of 35 active Double Taxation Avoidance Treaties
- Has in force 34 bilateral Investment Promotion and Protection Agreements
- Modern, efficient and well regulated financial services centre
- Guaranteed confidentiality in legitimate banking and business transactions
- Jurisdiction cooperating with organizations such as OECD, FATF, the UN and its agencies
- No capital gains tax, withholding tax on outbound payments or tax on dividends
- No currency exchange control
- A stock exchange opened to foreign investors
- Availability of qualified labour force and favourable time zone
Membership of International Organisations and Institutions
Mauritius is a member of:
- South African Development Community (SADC)
- Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA)
- African Union
- Indian Ocean Rim – Association for Regional Co-operation (IOR-ARC)
- Africa, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States (ACP)
- International Court of Justice, International Centre for Settlements of Investment Disputes and Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA)